2013 Xerox International Jazz Festival runs June 21-29, and City Newspaper has
all the reviews, bios, schedules, and other information to make sure that you make the most of the festival.
EVERY NIGHT of the festival City's music bloggers will be out covering multiple shows. Check in first thing each morning for photos and reviews of the previous night's shows. A list of this year's blogs appears below.
• Ron reviews Gwilym Simcock, Five Play, Torben Waldorf
• Willie reviews Marianne Trudel, Trombone Shorty
• Frank reviews Tim Berne SnakeOil, Amy Lynne and the Gunshow
• Ron reviews Youn Sun Nah & Ulf Wakenius, Gregory Porter, and Phronesis
• Frank reviews Hilario Duran, Shemekia Copeland, James Hunter, and Gas House Gorillas
• Willie reviews Dirty Dozen Brass Band and Dwayne Dopsie & the Zydeco Hellraisers
• Paloma reviews Peter Frampton's Guitar Circus
• Eric reviews Scottish National Jazz Orchestra and Mingo Fishtrap
• Ron reviews Ravi Coltrane, Howard Levy, Rudresh Mahanthappa's GAMAK, and Zoe Rahman
• Paloma reviews Carmen Souza and Bob James/David Sanborn/Steve Gadd
• Frank reviews Lee Fields and The Expressions, Soweto Kinch, Rocky Lawrence
• Paloma reviews Gretchen Parlato, Supertramp's Roger Hodgson
• Ron reviews Goldings-Stewart-Bernstein, Aaron Goldberg Trio, Jacob Karlzon & Viktoria Tolstoy
• Frank De Blase reviews David Byrne and St. Vincent
• Paloma Capanna reviews Michael Wollny, John Nyerges Quartet, Eero Koivistoinen Quartet, and Djabe
• Ron reviews Anat Cohen, John Patitucci Trio, Julian Arguelles, and Alfredo Rodriguez
• Frank De Blase reviews The Dave Spinner B3 Band, The Sicilian Jazz Project, Violet Mary, and Chris O'Leary Band
• Paloma Capanna reviews Courtney Pine, Hiroya Tsukamoto and Satoshi Takeishi, and the ESM-XRIJF Scholarship Performance
• Ron reviews Alfredo Rodriguez Trio, Geoffrey Keezer, Kurt Rosenwinkel New Quartet, and Eric Alexander and Harold Mabern
• Frank De Blase reviews The Stretch Orchestra, Christine Tobin, and the Louis Armstrong Jazz Society Band
• Ron Netsky reviews Rafael Zaldivar, Christian Wallumrod Ensemble, and the Dave Rivello Ensemble
• Willie Clark reviews Mike Brignola and Friends, and BeauSoleil avec Michael Doucet
• Frank De Blase reviews Dr. Lonnie Smith, Willie Nelson, Delbert McClinton, and John Mooney
• Ron Netsky reviews Matt Herskowitz, Terell Stafford, and Bruce Barth and Steve Nelson
• Willie Clark reviews Halie Loren, YolanDa Brown, Loren and Mark, and Shuffle Demons
• Frank De Blase reviews Nikki Yanofsky, Pink Martini, Dr. John, and The Hackensaw Boys
• Ron Netsky reviews Patricia Barber, Trondheim Jazz Orchestra, Thiefs, and Christian McBride's Inside Straight
For up-to-the-minute coverage of the festival follow City on Twitter (@roccitynews) or Like us on Facebook (facebook.com/CityNewspaper).
For in-depth coverage of the festival, including schedules and exclusive interviews, check out City Newspaper's 2013 Jazz Festival Guide and our additional resources list, below.
What did you think of the festival? Any great shows? What
is your favorite venue? Any tips on where to park or eat? Comment on these articles or post to City on Twitter and Facebook and we'll share your thoughts with our readers!
to Jazz Fest: Jazz Fest photo retrospective
to Jazz Fest: Where to eat at the festival
to Jazz Fest: More than just jazz
to Jazz Fest: Free show schedule
Blog: Meet City's jazz bloggers
Online website version
Flippable-page PDF (print-layout) at ISSUU.com