When: Dec. 2-9 2018
Temple Beth El will be celebrating this year’s Festival of Lights with a public menorah lighting each evening in the lobby off the building's parking lot on Hillside (139 Winton Rd. South), and a community Hanukkah dinner the evening of Friday, December 7.
Starting on December 2 there will be a public menorah lighting and themed activity each evening at the synagogue:
- 12/2 – Minyan Night @ 6:30 pm
- 12/3 – Tikkun Olam Night @ 6:30 pm
- 12/4- Life and Legacy Night @ 6:30 pm
- 12/5 – Limmud Night @ 6:30 pm
- 12/6 – Pillar Night @ 6:30 pm
- 12/7 – Cookie Decorating @ 3:30 pm
o Hanukkah Dinner @ 7:00 pm (reservations required)
- 12/8 – Young Professionals Night @ 5:30 pm
- 12/9 – Interfaith Night @ 6:30 pm
The lightings are open to the public and free of charge and will include a Hanukkah snack each night.
This year’s Hanukkah celebration on December 7 will feature a special Shabbat service with participation from 2nd and 3rd grade Hebrew School students. Dinner will follow with traditional Hanukkah delights including brisket and latkes.
The Hanukkah dinner is open to the public, but there is a cost and registration is required. Registration can be made by contacting the office at 473-1770 or tberochester.org.