This post has been updated.
The candidate petitions are in and the city will likely have Democratic primaries in the mayoral, City Council, and school board races. And the town of Henrietta will probably see a Republican primary for the supervisor's office.
The Henrietta race is pretty straight-forward. Town Board member Jack Moore, a Republican, filed petitions to run for supervisor. But sitting Supervisor Michael Yudelson, also a Republican and the party's endorsed candidate, is seeking reelection. So the two will face of in a primary election. Yudelson also has the Independence and Conservative lines, so even if he loses the primary, he could still appear on the November general election ballot.
As expected, City Council President Lovely Warren will challenge incumbent Mayor Tom Richards in a Democratic Mayoral primary. Warren filed her petitions to run for mayor this morning, setting up the primary. But even if Richards loses to Warren, he could still appear on the November ballot on the Working Families and Independence lines.
Green Party mayoral candidate Alex White, who has his party's endorsement, has also filed his petitions to run in November. He won't have to run in a primary.
Democratic primaries are also likely in the City Council and city school board races. On City Council, nine Democrats filed to run for five seats. On school board, 10 Democrats filed to run for three seats. The Democratic candidates for City Council and School Board, as well as the candidates from the Green Party, will be listed after the jump.
Keep in mind that none of these races are certain, since petitions can still be challenged and potentially invalidated. That said, the list of who's filed to run in the November elections is available here
. And below is a list of who's filed to run for City Council and city school board, though only the Democrats face primaries.
- Carolee Conklin (Democratic, Independence)
- Loretta Scott (Democratic, Independence)
- Jacklyn Ortiz (Democratic, Working Families, Independence)
- Dana Miller (Democratic, Independence)
- Matthew Haag (Democratic, Working Families, Independence)
- Anthony Giordano (Democratic)
- Marlowe Washington (Democratic, Working Families)
- Ann Lewis (Democratic)
- Lisa Jacques (Democratic)
- David Atias (Green Party)
- Andrew Langdon (Green Party)
- Dorothy Paige (Green Party)
- Van White (Democratic, Working Families, Independence)
- Candice Lucas (Democratic, Working Families, Independence)
- Jose Cruz (Democratic, Working Families, Independence)
- Elizabeth Hallmark (Democratic)
- Ronald Hall (Democratic)
- Howard Eagle (Democratic)
- Cynthia Elliott (Democratic)
- Ernest Flagler (Democratic)
- Donald Hardaway (Democratic)
- Timothy McCauley (Democratic)
- Mia Hodgins (Republican)
- Lori Thomas (Green Party)